4 Oct 2009

ESL/EFL Resource Review: Coming Soon!

Well, judging by the date of my last post, it seems I've been a bit of a blog-slacker. That's all going to change with the launch of my new and improved Functionall Books fabulous book review blog-a-rama! Ok, that sounds a little goofy, but I have decided to pepper my already-fascinating ESL teacher tips and observations with reviews of current ESL/EFL teaching and learning resources. Not only is there a plethora of resources, they don't come cheap (except, of course, Functionall Books' incredible downloadable e-lessons). Let this old hat do some research and save you some time and money. Lord knows, we teachers need more of both!


Email me or post below the title and isbn# (if you have it) of a resource you love, hate, or really want to know more about and I'll take a closer look. Look for the first review in my next blog post. In the meantime, click the links on the left under "Stuff To Think About", to read previous posts on all kinds of fascinating teaching and learning topics.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your vision and hard work, Fiona!

    Like many other English teachers, I find myself catching up on my reading of both literature and teaching materials over winter break. Right now I'm reading a fascinating new book for ESL/EFL teachers called "Provoking Thought: Memory and Thinking in ELT" by Hall Houston. This practical collection of concise lesson plans - over 60 - focuses on getting English language learners to critically think, logically organize, create, and speak in English. Consider me very impressed with the first two chapters on Thinking and Memory. The ISBN number is 978-1-4392-5199-7 and the publisher is Anthimeria Press (CreateSpace).
    If you want somebody to write a review, I'll be glad to share my reflections.

    ReplyDelete